Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My work in New York Magazine

I embroidered illustrations for two pages in New York Magazine's 2010 Winter Wedding issue. The magazine also featured one of my wedding handkerchiefs (sold by my small design company,
m e l i f e r a d e s i g n s).
 
I embroidered and beaded the wedding cake, as well as the outlines for both pages (which took forever by hand).
 

Those of you who know my work are probably familiar with my more, well, macabre images. But those of you who REALLY know me understand how much I enjoy weddings. I love them. They make me cry, laugh, dance my ass off, and feel hopeful in all sorts of ways. I love being in weddings (as a bridesmaid), I love being invited as a date (hint hint). They just make me happy, which, as we all know, is pretty great. I guess what I really get off on is seeing people in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment